Friday, August 26, 2011

First Blog Awards

Finally! The Midterm week is over. Oh no, not yet. I've just remembered that I still have one online midterm exam on Saturday. -_- (Actually, my classes are only from Mondays to Thursdays, so I can't really understand why they have to schedule it on a Saturday night. Argh.)

But for now, I miss blogging. Though I'm not really that free because I have a Feasibility Study and Thesis to complete. Yeah, I'm like that doomed this semester. And really, I shouldn't have time to blog and all. Hahaha. But I'm hard-headed like that. Errmm...I'm already blabbering here. Ooops.

Moving on, I'm here to post about my first ever blog awards! I wasn't really expecting one though I've seen several blogs with awards. XD And I really want to thank to Helen from Lucky Citrine for giving me not one, not two, but five blog awards. :) Thank you for these, sis! It's really a thoughtful and sweet thing to do. :)



Award rules:
  1. Link back and thank the person who tagged you.
  2. Post seven things about yourself and answer the list of favorite questions.
  3. Pass these awards to 15 bloggers.
  4. Notify the lucky bloggers who got these awards.

7 Facts About Me:

1.  I eat a lot. Yep, I eat a lot. Need I repeat that? LOL. It's just that I love eating even when I'm not really hungry. I wanted to taste every kind of food--Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Indian, etc. But still, I always crave for Filipino food. And I think that's already a given because we're Filipinos. Hehehe.

2.  I love reading. My mom used to buy us with fairy tale books like Cinderella, Snow White, Prince Sarah and the Steadfast Tin Soldier. Hmmm...but I think the first novel that I read was a Tagalog Romance when I was in third grade. After that, there's no stopping reading novels--no, not Tagalog but English ones. But nowadays, I can't seem to finish a novel in one sitting (yeah, I always finished them in one sitting). In fact, I have a pending obligation to finish the novel Bleeding Hearts by Jane Haddam. It's a mystery/thriller.

3.  I write. I'm not really a writer in a professional sense--but I think I can convey my thoughts more clearly when writing than when speaking. I've also got no major problems with grammar--only typos. LOL. Anyhow, I write blogs, articles and even poems. What I still haven't tried to do seriously is creative writing. When I was  in sixth grade, my teacher asked five students to create a story about a certain theme, so she could pick one. Unfortunately, I was not picked. Hehehe. And really, even I could still remember how my story was confusing that time. LOL.

4.  I don't think I could keep a touch screen phone. So yeah, there is the transition from candy bar to flip top phones to touch screen phones. You can hardly ever see candy bar phones displayed at the malls. And everyone is just crazy about smartphones. But yes, I don't think I can keep one because I'm clumsy. I always drop my phone (even in the middle of the street). And I'm scared it just might stop working after a couple of months. Hehehe. So, yes, I still keep a candy bar phone from Sony Ericsson--Elm J10i2 and Motorola--L6.

5.  I'm still a newbie in makeup (but prolly making progress fast. LOL). So, I'm inviting you to explore this world together with me. :D

6.  I've been blogging since 2009 2007 but I only share my life stories, rants and lessons I've learned so far. And no, it's private so I won't plug the URL here. LOL.

7.  I'm a fan of Jayjay Helterbrand and PBA. If you don't know him, he's a player of Ginebra Gin Kings. His jersey number is 13. But unfortunately, I still haven't watched a PBA game in Araneta. I only saw him during the pre-season games in Lyceum of the Philippines, Intramuros. And he didn't even play that time because he was injured. Oh well, that's life, but still, I already saw him in person. LOL. (And I think the boyfriend doesn't like him that much. LOL.)

The Favorite Questions:

Name your favorite colors: Green and Red

Name your favorite song: Hmmm...I'm actually having a hard time with this but, for now, I'll choose 'Don't Know What to Do' by Ric Segreto. Yep, I love oldies song. Hehehe.








Name your favorite dessert: OMG. I love desserts and I'll eat anything sweet. LOL. But right now, I think I'm craving for a banana split. (I just saw banana split deal in Ensogo earlier from Five Cows. OMG.)

What pisses you off: I am pissed off with people who ignores me when I'm addressing a question to them. Ask me question and I'll do the same to you. Yeah, I'm that mean because they're mean.

When you're upset, you...: Before, when I'm upset I spend my money giving treats to other people. But I barely do that now because: 1.) I've no one to spend it to. My friends have already graduated and I transferred schools; 2.) I couldn't afford because I don't normally ask for allowance from my parents (except for times like these when I couldn't work because of school overload). Now, I just cry and write out my feelings or have a 'rant session' with the boyfriend and sleep. In the morning, I'll surely feel better.

Your favorite pet: Cat! We adopted a cat years ago and it gave birth to two cute kittens. Now, the birth cycle continues that we can't have them all here. LOL. We just give them away or leave them by themselves. Poor cats. :(

Black or white: I love both colors, but I'll choose white. It just looks clean. (But black can look cleaner when you're going to spend the day outside and under the sun. LOL.)

Your biggest fear: To lose appreciation of everything--everything.

Best feature: My eyes because I still find them cute even when others say they're serious-looking. :)

Everyday Attitude: Optimistic despite when everything goes wrong? I still look forward to a new day tomorrow when most things will be okay. Hehehe.

What is perfection: 

1 Corinthians 13:1-13

If I speak in the tongues of men and angels, 
but have not love, 
I have become sounding brass or a tinkling symbol. 

And if I have prophecy and know all mysteries and all knowledge, 
and if I have all faith so as to remove mountains, 
but have not love, I am nothing. 

And if I dole out all my goods, and 
if I deliver my body that I may boast 
but have not love, nothing I am profited.

Love is long suffering, 
love is kind, 
it is not jealous, 
love does not boast, 
it is not inflated.

It is not discourteous, 
it is not selfish, 
it is not irritable, 
it does not enumerate the evil.
It does not rejoice over the wrong, but rejoices in the truth 


It covers all things, 
it has faith for all things, 
it hopes in all things, 
it endures in all things.

Love never falls in ruins; 
but whether prophecies, they will be abolished; or 
tongues, they will cease; or 
knowledge, it will be superseded.

For we know in part and we prophecy in part.

But when the perfect comes, the imperfect will be superseded. 

When I was an infant, 
I spoke as an infant, 
I reckoned as an infant;

when I became [an adult], 
I abolished the things of the infant. 

For now we see through a mirror in an enigma, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know as also I was fully known. 

But now remains
faith, hope, love,

these three;

but the greatest of these is love.

Guilty Pleasure: Getting a good deal! (In fact, I just had two good deals from the boyfriend this week. I'm spoiled! LOL.) I just can't resist them. LOL. Who wouldn't anyway. :D

And for the most awaited part...

I'm tagging them! --->

Neriza from Crooked
Tita Manx from the sunset is back.
Jhen from JTAJ
Jes from MakeUpLove
Lovely from iLovely
Shai from I BELIEVE
Beauty Treats and Trinkets from The Plain Jane's Way to Beautiful!

Stay beautiful ladies! :D

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this! I had fun getting to know more about you. I love reading too, even as a kid. And I would love to explore the world of makeup with you! Haha. The reason why I love reading blogs is because I like how other beauty bloggers come up with many beautiful looks. Wish I could do that too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And thank you for reading! :) Sure, let's (explore the make up world). I'm also looking forward to your makeup looks in your blog. :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...