Monday, August 15, 2011

Review: Etude House Yogurt Peel Cleansing Foam (Black Food Mix)

I haven't really been a fan of cleansing foam until Etude House. For a couple of years, I had only used Kojic Soap. Yep, Kojic Soap. And during those years, I haven't used anything on my face except Kojic Soap and Ever Bilena Foundation. I really don't know why but I stopped using toners and the like.

As for the cleansing foam, I've already tried Pond's which I didn't really like because I break out. So, I stuck with my soap. It wasn't until the Etude House Grand Sale that I've gotten around to buying and using stuffs for my face again. (I guess I really like sales that much, LOL.)

Etude House Yogurt Peel Cleansing Foam Black Food Mix

Prior to going to the Etude House, I checked their bestsellers which included the Happy Tea Time Cleansing Foam. It was only around P150, so I thought that I should try it. But the Yogurt Peel Cleansing Foam captured my attention. It was just a stall above the Happy Tea Time variants. And most probably, the word 'yogurt' got me into buying it.

There were three types of this cleansing foam then--the Nuts Mix for dry skin, the Fruits Mix for combi skin and Black Food Mix for oily skin.

And of course, since my glands are really productive, I went for the Black Food Mix. The container says:
"Cleansing Foam contains yogurt (Lactobacillus) to gently exfoliate, nourish and energize complexion. The Black Food Mix consists of black beans and black sesame seed extracts."

I've read about the benefits of black sesame seeds for the skin and found out that it's good for cell regeneration and growth. These black sesame seeds are also rich in antioxidants (probably because of the AHA as written on the bottle) and good for fighting against radicals on the skin.

Pros:

  • Smells really nice and light.
  • Has a really foamy texture.
  • I didn't break out. As a matter of fact, after a few days of using it, most of my pimples were gone. Yey for that! :)
  • Already affordable at P278, though the Happy Tea Time is less expensive. Hehe.

Cons:
  • Cannot remove all of my makeup. I know, I should really use a makeup remover, but given the lazy girl I am, I tried removing everything using the cleansing foam only. And it didn't work.
  • My face still gets oily after an hour or two. (Oh well, I haven't yet found a product that could tame my oily face anyway.)


My bottle is already almost empty and I'm thinking of repurchasing this one after I've fully consumed my VitaFoam Mini Bite Me and tried Happy Tea Time (because I've really read several good reviews on this one.)

P.S. Don't forget to check out and join my voucher giveaway contest! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...