Monday, April 09, 2012

Celeteque DermoScience Hydration Facial Moisturizer and Alcohol-Free Toner + Skin Care Tips

Hello ladies! :)

I know I promised to update this blog as often as possible, but I got sick with an illness that is really bad for a skin care fanatic like me, chickenpox. :( I wasn't even able to attend my graduation, though it was not like I wanted to attend in the first place because several unfortunate things happened to me, too. It was better not to post it here as it would have only gotten bad vibes. Oh well, life must still go on. And mind you, I had a great birthday, even though I had flu. (Yes, after the chickenpox episode, I got flu, talk about "lucky".)

So anyway, I want to review my favorite Celeteque DermoScience products. It really has made my face better, believe me!

Celeteque DermoScience Hydration Facial Moisturizer (with Triple Moisturizing System)



Celeteque DermoScience Hydration Facial Moisturizer


When I was searching for ways on how to make my skin better, I came across with the basic skin care regimen: cleanse, tone and moisturize. Before, I didn't bother following this, particularly the moisturizing part because I felt that I didn't need to because my skin was already oily.

But I soon learned that sebum was different from moisture. I read that moisturizing had several beneficial effects such as keeping your face oil-free (of which I was really surprised) and protecting your skin further against dirt.



However, there were several types of facial moisturizer. For someone with an oily skin type like me, you would need a water-based and oil-free moisturizer, since putting an oil-based moisturizer would tend to make your face oilier. At least, that was what I've found on my research.

So, there I went looking for products with these descriptions. Several beauty gurus on the net would suggest Celeteque. I went for it because aside from the fact that it fitted the description, it was right on my budget. I bought the travel pack first which contained sample sizes of facial cleanser, toner and moisturizer, and guess what, I was hooked. I bought it over and over again. And shortly after that, Celeteque DermoScience was introduced with improved products.

Ingredients (Click to enlarge the photo)

Pros:


- Made my face smoother and had less pimples.

- Made my skin soft and supple.

- Keeps my skin moisturized.

- Water-based and oil-free.

- Non-comedogenic, hypo-allergenic and fragrance-free. Recommended for ladies with sensitive skin.

- Contains Aloe Vera extract which soothes the skin and provides best moisture.

- Can be used during day and night, even during hot summer days. Originally, I was only using this at night due to fear that my face might become excessively oily during the day. But I tried using it during the day too, and I was more than happy that I tried because my face became better. It even helped in applying makeup. However, note not to put too much during the day if your skin is already oily.

Directions for Use (Click to enlarge  photo)

- Non-greasy and easily absorbed by the skin.

- Shows manufacturing and expiry date both on the box and the bottle.



- Affordable at P127 for 50ml and P210 for 100ml.

Cons:


- None for me. :)


Celeteque DermoScience Hydration Alcohol-free Toner



Celeteque DermoScience Hydration Alcohol-free Toner


Before, I used toner primarily to rid my skin of dirt. Sometimes, I used it before cleansing my face and most of the time without cleansing my face. I thought that was enough. How wrong I was, oh well.

But hey, I now know what it is for. Aside from removing excess sebum and dirt after washing your face, it is also used to shrink pores. It also preps the skin for moisturizing.

On my research back then, they say that an alcohol-free toner worked best for our skin because alcohol strips out moisture from our skin. In fact, according to sites, there are different types of toners. There are those face freshners, tonics and astringents. Freshners have the lowest content of alcohol and astringents with the highest content of alcohol.



But of course, for an oily skin type lady like me, little alcohol will help, but I still choose to use an alcohol-free toner. It is because we change skin types from time to time and depending on the season (particularly for ladies on countries with four seasons). If too much alcohol is used, not only sebum would be removed from the face, but also moisture. So ladies, be aware of what products you use on your face. :)

Pros:


- Alcohol-free. Recommended for ladies with sensitive to dry skin.

- Removes dirt on my face thoroughly without drying the skin. However, note not to overdo it by applying the cotton ball or pad roughly on your face. Always use a light and gentle hand.

- Can be used day and night. But I only used it at night. Heehee.

Directions for Use

- Contains Witch Hazel Extract. This extract helps in drying zits up and soothing the skin. They say that it even helps in shrinking eyebags.

Ingredients

- Shows manufacturing and expiry date both on the box and the bottle.



- Affordable at P82 for 65ml and P129 for 125ml.

Cons:


- I'm actually not sure if it helps in shrinking my pores, but then I'm not also sure that every toner is supposed to do that.


And there you are! If you are interested with Celeteque DermoScience products, try joining their current promo by using Skin Analyzer and knowing which products will work best on you on their website. For the promo mechanices, visit their Facebook page Celeteque.

3 comments:

  1. I love the way you wrote this article. There are so many anti aging cream for men nowadays but there is only one product that really gives me my satisfaction water based moisturizer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm using this toner because it doesn't have a strong smell compared to other facial toners. It really helped me cleaning my face without worrying of my skin allergies that might be triggered. I bought mine at goods.ph (https://www.goods.ph/celeteque-alcohol-free-toner-18846.html), because there are no Watsons or mercury drugstore available here in our area. Thanks sis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All natural, cruelty free skin care, hair care and body care products made in the USA from 100% natural ingredients. Shampoo, lotion, facial cream, deodorant. Clean skin

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...