Friday, June 17, 2011

Persia Grill - SM Megamall

We dined at Persia Grill in Megamall last May. And yes, I'm just blogging it now.

If you've been reading my previous posts, you probably already know by now that I'm really taking advantage of group buying and daily deal sites. You're guessing it correct! I bought a deal for Persia Grill from Groupon Philippines.

According to what I've read from Groupon, Persia Grill is a family-owned business by former PBB housemate Kian Kazemi. But anyway, that's not the reason why I tried eating in this restaurant. It's because I really like beef shawarma.

Some of my friends do not like shawarma and I don't know why. They haven't even tasted it. But they say it's with the smell. Probably, that's the onion.

If I remember it correctly, we watched a movie first (it's either Thor or Fast Five) then we went straight to Persia Grill to have dinner.

Persia Grill in Megamall is in Building A beside Kenny Rogers. Tip: Go out of the mall first. You'll find more restaurants outside.

I find the place quite cozy. It's small though and the big sofa seems to be misplaced. We honestly agreed that it should be near the door to serve as a comfy sofa for waiting customers in case the restaurant is already full.

The Big Sofa--it was just beside us when we were seated in the middle of the resto.

We were just the second customers that night, so we were accommodated immediately.

I ordered Grilled Lamb Chops with Dolmeh. I didn't really know what Dolmeh was and it wasn't my original order. My supposed order was Grilled Lamb Chops but the waitress told us that they didn't have it. So, how come they had Grilled Lamb Chops with Dolmeh? I was thinking that she was probably upselling. But I still gave in even though I didn't know what Dolmed was. I also ordered a Mango Yoghurt Shake (P85).

Grilled Lamb Chops with Dolmeh (P325)

The boyfriend originally ordered Chelo Kebab Barg (beef tenderloin) but the waitress gave her a Chelo Kebab Kobideh (ground beef). I asked him to let the waitress change her order but he said it was okay...so, okay. He also ordered a Strawberry Yoghurt Shake (P75).

Chelo Kebab Kobideh (P199)

At first, I was shocked to see a big green bell pepper swimming in a red sauce on my plate. I was like, "Oh no, what's this?!" But I was enlightened when I opened the bell pepper. It had Basmati rice (longer version of Filipino rice strands from the Middle East) inside. And it actually tasted good.

Not sure if what I ordered was good.

Basmati rice inside the Big Green Bell Pepper

Right after that, I was thinking if Dolmeh means bell pepper or stuffed bell pepper. Oh well, I don't really know up until now, though I've seen on the Internet that they call it Dolmeh when a vegetable or fruit is stuffed.

As for the boyfriend's plate, I tasted a bit of Chelo Kebab Kobideh (two skewers of beef kebab, two large tomatoes and Basmati rice). It tasted like beef naturally. I liked it with the yoghurt dip.

Poker Face. LOL. Joke.

While we were eating

The food in Persia Grill is good. But overall, I find it pricey because the servings are small. we'll Additionally, I'm only giving two stars out five for the service. The waitress probably needs more training.

But if I'm craving for Persian food and have the budget, I'll surely go back to Persia Grill. It's a must-try if you like shawarma.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...