Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Ms. Polly's Specialty Cakes and Desserts

I read about several positive reviews for the cakes at Ms. Polly's (it has been awarded as one out of the twenty-four best desserts by Philippine Daily Inquirer anyway), so when Groupon Philippines featured this specialty cakes and desserts restaurant, I just have to grab one and try it out--for less! :)



And one day in May or early June, I had my chance to convince the boyfriend to go there after a not-so-homey meal at Good Earth Tea Room in Greenbelt 3 (I'll review this later, when I have the time, I guess!).

But no, we didn't go to Ms. Polly's in Greenbelt because there was no Ms. Polly's there. From Greenbelt, we went to Robinson's Galleria where the flagship store was located.

The deal from Groupon was for one slice of cake with a large drink. I chose the Cookie Dough Cheesecake and an Iced Latte.


Cookie Dough Cheesecake


Oh, isn't the cake an eyecandy? And it doesn't just stop there. I can say that the taste is not-your-average-type-of-cake.

It's sweet, but not too sweet as with the case that all you can taste is sugar. I'm a fan of sweets, but I don't like overly sweet stuff. Hehe. :) In addition, the cake is really moist. And that's what I like best. I really don't like cakes that are dry (you'll surely know one when it's dry) like the Oreo Cheesecake from Seattle's Best Coffee. LOL.

As for the Iced Latte, I actually forgot what flavor I ordered. They have plain Iced Latte if I remember correctly and other variations. But anyway, it still tastes like coffee. And I'm not a coffee fan. :D

The Boyfriend (with his statement shirt. LOL)
I actually have more food reviews to make, but it seems like I have no time to spare (or probably I'm just lazy) with the feasibility, case study and all. Whew. So, till next time. :)

P.S. The boyfriend brought his camera that day, so yey! for pictures. Hehe :D

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...