Monday, January 02, 2012

Bacolod Chicken Inasal, The Strip Greenhills Shopping Center

First of all, Happy New Year to all of you! :) Hope you had a blast during New Year's Eve. :) As for me, I had a blast eating here at home. LOL. But anyway, may God bless all of us this year. And speaking of, as I've said, this year's gonna be a busy one for me, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to post on a regular basis here. But I'll surely try my best! :D

Okay, here's another food post! It's the holidays so there are lots of foods around. :D But too bad, I wasn't able to take pics of food this New Year. I was too busy munching here and there. LOL. :P

I love sales and bazaars. If I have the means to buy and if the place is convenient for me, I'll certainly go there for sure. :D And I wouldn't want to miss the night bazaar in Greenhills, y'know. Lots of good stuffs at affordable prices. ;)



It was already dinner time when we got to Greenhills, so before roaming around at the bazaar and looking for great finds, we just had to eat. :) We were actually both very hungry that time.





At first, we were thinking of eating inside the bazaar space (parking lot) since there were lots of food stalls around, but since there are also lots of people there, I found it inconvenient to eat there. So we went out and decided to try Bacolod Chicken Inasal.



Bacolod Chicken Inasal at The Strip is good escape place from the hustle and bustle of people in Greenhills. Only a few tables were occupied when we got there. It's quiet and relaxed.









While waiting for food. XD

Moving on to food, since the specialty was quite obvious, we went for their Inasal. We ordered our favorite chicken part--Paa (thigh). We also added Bagoong Rice which was good for 3-4 persons. But in our case, it was good for two. LOL.


Bagoong Rice (P129.50, 3-4 persons)

Chicken Inasal - Paa (P99.50)


We loved the Bagoong Rice! It had an overall salty taste which was just right. In fact, I could already eat it without the dishes. LOL. Their chicken inasal was not sweet, compared to the chicken inasal at Mang Inasal. But it tasted like ordinary barbecued chicken for me, and I didn't say that I didn't like it. It was just...okay. Lastly, I noticed that it was not that oily so yey for those who watch out for cholesterol. :)

Our side dishes were Adobong Kangkong (P89) and Atcharang Papaya (P33.50). The kangkong was okay, tasted like ordinary kangkong. The atcharang papaya wasn't sweet and sour. It only tasted sour which I didn't really like because I was used to atchara being sweet and sour.

Atchara (P33.50)

The boyfriend ordered Yogurt Mango Shake (P69.50), while I ordered Native Tsokolate (P59.50, bottomless) because I was still recovering that time and wanted, again, my insides to feel warm. (Too bad, all these were not in the pics, we were really hungry that time so we were kind of in a hurry to fill our stomachs. LOL.) And I loved that native tsokolate. I even told the boyfriend that I could order only tsokolate and laze there for an hour or two since it was refillable. LOL.

Verdict:

If you're craving for Filipino food or maybe just chicken inasal, Bacolod Chicken Inasal is a good place to try. Though I am not really wow-ed by their chicken inasal, and there are hits and misses on the dishes we've tried, I think other dishes on their menu are still worth a try. Their native tsokolate almost tastes the same as the one my grandma makes plus I think the bagoong rice is good. ;)

3 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...